What is a doula?
A trained professional who proves continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to a mother before, during, and shortly after childbirth to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible. (DONA International website)
* Recognizes birth as a key experience the mother will remember all her life
* Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor
* Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth
* Stays with the woman throughout the labor
* Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decision
* Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers
* Perceives her role as nurturing and protecting the woman’s memory of the birth experience
* Allows the woman’s partner to participate at his/her comfort level.
Birth Doula Services $800
*One prenatal visit to discuss the birth plan, comfort techniques, and to address any concerns
*Unlimited text/email/phone support throughout pregnancy and the postpartum period
*On-call availability to attend your birth starting from your 37th week until you go into labor
*Continuous support through labor and birth, and 2 hours postpartum
*One postpartum visit to discuss your birth experience and assess the need for any resources.
60 minute private $100
75 minute private $120
90 minute private $136
*special 20% discount for doula clients through pregnancy and 6 months postpartum
*extra 25% discount for Zoom classes